Ad Hoc Services|
Support, Knowledge, and expertise when you need it.
With increasing costs and decreasing budgets our flexible school finance support package gives your leadership and governors the clarity, confidence and assurance that your finances are being well managed. Our service is provided through a blend of remote support and school visits. Our team has a wide breadth of knowledge and experience in schools’ finance. All of our team either have an LA finance background or have worked as School Business Managers. We can offer advice and assistance with:
- Budget planning – using online budget planning software, we are able to assist with creating your budget plan
- Budget monitoring – our budget monitoring spreadsheet has been developed to provide governors and leadership with a comprehensive but easy to understand view of the school’s finances
- Day to day support – our helpdesk offers telephone support on software issues and we can assist schools with returns to their local authority, CFR and year-end queries. We also have the facility to be able to ‘remote’ on to your server and resolve issues which cannot be dealt with over the phone
- Additional services – as well as all of the services provided through our package we can assist you with:
- Creating a 3 year budget
- Carrying out a review of the administrative team in your school to ensure the most cost effective use of your staff
- Attending a governing body meeting to assist with specific agenda items
- Assisting with the recruitment of new administrative staff including being part of your interview panel
- Training – as part of 3BM’s training package we offer training on the Capita FMS package. We can also provide 1-2-1 training where required
As and when you need them you can buy additional support days to cover:
• Assisting with the recruitment process of new school based
Finance staff including being part of the interview panel
• Working with the Headteacher and SLT to produce additional
budget scenarios once the initial budget has been set
• Attendance at governing body meetings
• Assistance with benchmarking
• Additional one to one training
• Additional budget monitoring assistance
We are able to provide on-site FMS training to new members of your team or alternatively, staff can attend our scheduled termly Introduction to FMS course. We provide training on Equipment Register and offer a range of courses to support the administration of the school including courses in Word, Excel, Pupil Data Management (SIMS.net) and Assessment.
For further information see our Training Schedule.